Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day Ten - More Cafe's, Gothenburg Art Museum, and Packers win

Apple Pie with white sauce
Double digit days now. I don't believe in countdowns but we have to make every day count from here on out.

The problem with Cafe's is that when I get to the counter, I can never convince myself to get anything nutritionally worthwhile when all of those delicacies are staring me in the face. Bryan and I once again found a nice cafe' today and to top of my lunch I got a piece of Appelpaj, apple pie. The cashier prepared my pie with some interesting white sauce that I assumed was melted ice cream but never really found out what it was. It was an interesting and tasty take on pie nonetheless.

This afternoon was beautiful in Sweden.
We had plans to go to the Archipelago Islands but because of a need to catch up on sleep, we only had enough daylight to get to the Art Museum. It was a great museum with some very interesting modern art as well as a video on poverty in Africa. The question posed, "Who owns African poverty?" still has me thinking. Bryan and I checked out the great artwork and sculptures until we had to head back to show off our cooking skills for the group.

Our group met at the grocery store to pick up some ingredients to make a dinner in the hostel kitchen. After looking at a variety of different things, we decided on breakfast for dinner. Alex Gigler made the omelets, Susie and I cooked the bacon and a lot of the guys pitched in to make a great dinner.

Tonight we went to the North American, a bar near Gothenburg University to watch the most important game of my memorable lifetime. I wish I could've been with all of my packer fan friends, but it was still a great time. I still can't believe that the Packers are headed to the Super Bowl. The last time the Packers were there I wasn't even five years old. It's a dream.

Tomorrow is back to the grind. It has been a great weekend and a great trip so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment