Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Twelve - Lectures, Shopping, and another home cooked meal

This morning we all got to sleep in a little but got to the University in time to hear Claus's lecture on International Business concentrating on the history of the European Union. It was an interesting perspective considering that the entire EU is about the size of the United States. The European perspective on things is just slightly different than the domestic perspective that I am used to so it gives me a different frame of reference to view things in.

Lunch was again great as we went to the Dubliner, a local pub and eatery that had a great fish special with some Earl Grey tea. I feel so cultured after going to an Art Museum, a jazz club, and now drinking tea in an Irish restaurant.

A store in the shopping district
We went back to the university in the afternoon for the second half of the lecture. We had a class discussion with the Swedes and got to air our grievances about Swedish life to them. They thought we were just not used to it and Swedish people are more normal than we think.

Bryan and I then headed to the shopping district to pick up some gifts for home. I found some great stuff, can't wait to come home to tell stories and show everyone what I got.

After spending all of our Kronas in the gift shop, we decided to save money and cook our own dinner again. I made a chorizo pita pizza and it was excellent.

We are rushing off tonight to go to the Gothenburg towers because we didn't get to stay long enough last time. Hope they will let me in. Tomorrow is our last day of company visits in Sweden as we visit Wirelesscar AB. I'm very excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment